I recently started a series of daily tweets about easy ways to improve your Dart & Flutter code. I called this Easy Wins.
To make these easier to find, I'm sharing 7 tips every week here on my website.
Entire series here:
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 1-7
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 8-14
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 15-21
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 22-28
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 29-35
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 36-42
Build and grow in-app purchases. Glassfy’s Flutter SDK solves all the complexities and edge cases of in-app purchases and subscriptions so you don't have to. Test and build for free today by clicking here.
15. Need to shallow copy a list or collection? Use the spread operator.
More info here: Clone a List, Map or Set in Dart | StackOverflow
16. Need to invoke a callback but only if it's not null? Use the "?.call()" syntax.
17. Implement a "call" method in your Dart classes to make them callable like a function.
18. Want a more ergonomic API for working with dates and times? Use extensions.
This API and many more are available in the dartx package.
19. Need to execute multiple Futures concurrently? Use Future.wait.
20. Want to selectively import some APIs in a package? Use show & hide.
21. Use "import as" to avoid name collisions with other packages.
More tips coming next week. Subscribe via RSS for updates!