I recently started a series of daily tweets about easy ways to improve your Dart & Flutter code. I called this Easy Wins.
To make these easier to find, I'm sharing 7 tips every week here on my website.
Entire series here:
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 1-7
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 8-14
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 15-21
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 22-28
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 29-35
- Dart & Flutter Easy Wins 36-42
Build and grow in-app purchases. Glassfy’s Flutter SDK solves all the complexities and edge cases of in-app purchases and subscriptions so you don't have to. Test and build for free today by clicking here.
36. Use `Timer.periodic` to create a timer that repeats with a given period
37. Need to convert an enum to an int or viceversa? Use `.index` and `values[i]`
38. Use asserts to disrupt program execution if a boolean condition is false
39. Need a better logger for your apps? Use the logger package
Link: Logger package
40. Use the Flutter DevTools to inspect and profile your Flutter apps
More info & installation instructions here: Flutter DevTools
41. Anonymous functions can be assigned to variables, or passed as arguments to other functions
42. Want a function that can only throw? Use Never
More info here: Never for unreachable code
More tips coming next week. Subscribe via RSS for updates!