This video is about Input Validation and RegExp.
As part of this, I'll give you an overview of regular expressions (regex) and how they work by using a live web regex validator.
Then we will see how to implement a Regex validator in Dart and integrate it with Flutter's TextField widget, so that we can validate user input.
I will use a demo app to illustrate two sample use cases: - Make a payment (numeric validator with 2 decimal digits, 4 non-decimal digits) - Forgot password (email input validation)
- Demo app preview
- Regex web examples
- Regex in Flutter
- Input Validation Page & TextField
- Email validation
- Editing / submitting text
- InputValidationPage implementation
- keeping focus on the keyboard
- Wrap up
Build Flutter Apps Fast. Build an end-to-end Flutter + Firebase app using FlutterFlow and download the code or deploy directly to the app stores. Click to view our new development playground.
- I'm using the iOS simulator, but you can open the Android emulator and run the same code.
- This code was tested with Flutter Beta 0.8.2.
Thanks for watching!