Flutter: Add Unit Tests to Your App
In this video I show how to extract business logic from your apps into testable classes, and write unit tests in Flutter.
This is based on my Firebase authentication demo.
- Review of TextFormField form validation
- Extract email and password validation code into separate classes
- Write simple unit tests
- Detecting and fixing failing tests
Code with Andrea is free for everyone. Help me keep it that way by checking out this sponsor:
Faster mobile builds; faster deliveries with Codemagic CI/CD: Do not waste valuable developer resources, replace manual intervention and build, test and deliver mobile apps 20% faster with CI/CD for mobile.
- I'm using the iOS simulator, but you can open the Android emulator and run the same code.
- To run the code on the demo, follow the instructions on the project README file to setup your own Firebase instance.
This code was written with Flutter Beta 0.5.1, and is tested to work with Dart 2.
Thanks for watching!