Flutter: Add Unit Tests to Your App
In this video I show how to extract business logic from your apps into testable classes, and write unit tests in Flutter.
This is based on my Firebase authentication demo.
- Review of TextFormField form validation
- Extract email and password validation code into separate classes
- Write simple unit tests
- Detecting and fixing failing tests
- I'm using the iOS simulator, but you can open the Android emulator and run the same code.
- To run the code on the demo, follow the instructions on the project README file to setup your own Firebase instance.
This code was written with Flutter Beta 0.5.1, and is tested to work with Dart 2.
Thanks for watching!