Flutter State Management: setState, StreamBuilder, Scoped Model, Redux
In this video I compare the various state management techniques that are common in Flutter.
- Learn about setState, StreamBuilder, Scoped Model and Redux, and their differences.
- Write code to interact with Firebase Realtime Database
- Use generics to build reusable classes
Code with Andrea is free for everyone. Help me keep it that way by checking out this sponsor:
Faster mobile builds; faster deliveries with Codemagic CI/CD: Do not waste valuable developer resources, replace manual intervention and build, test and deliver mobile apps 20% faster with CI/CD for mobile.
- I'm using the iOS simulator, but you can open the Android emulator and run the same code.
- To run the code on the demo, follow the instructions on the project README file to setup your own Firebase Database instance.
UPDATE 2018-07-12: I have updated the source code to support Cloud Firestore.
This code was written with Flutter Beta 0.4.4, and is tested to work with Dart 2.
Thanks for watching!