In this video I compare the various state management techniques that are common in Flutter.
- Learn about setState, StreamBuilder, Scoped Model and Redux, and their differences.
- Write code to interact with Firebase Realtime Database
- Use generics to build reusable classes
Build Privacy-First Flutter apps with the @platform. Our Open Source platform, which is built on Dart, gives people control over their own data. Automatically comply with GDPR (and other privacy regulations), earn commissions as you grow, and make apps super fast — no backend infrastructure needed.
- I'm using the iOS simulator, but you can open the Android emulator and run the same code.
- To run the code on the demo, follow the instructions on the project README file to setup your own Firebase Database instance.
UPDATE 2018-07-12: I have updated the source code to support Cloud Firestore.
This code was written with Flutter Beta 0.4.4, and is tested to work with Dart 2.
Thanks for watching!