Flutter: Scoped Access with InheritedWidget
In this video I show how to use InheritedWidget to provide scoped access to dependencies within a widget tree.
This is based on my previous Flutter & Firebase videos.
- How to create your own InheritedWidget subclasses
- Comparison between constructor dependency injection and scoped access with InheritedWidget
- Refactor an existing project to use InheritedWidget
- I'm using the iOS simulator, but you can open the Android emulator and run the same code.
- To run the code on the demo, follow the instructions on the project README file to setup your own Firebase instance.
This code was written with Flutter Beta 0.5.1, and is tested to work with Dart 2.
Thanks for watching!